Entries tagged: risk management

Don’t Walk

The very essence of what makes well functioning organisations.[Read more]

20% Death v 80% Survival

What is better? A 20% chance of death or a 80% chance of survival?[Read more]

Weekly Wrap – 12th February 2015

Is this the future of risk assessment?[Read more]

Snap

Planning for underwater cable breakages in an era of global connectivity.[Read more]

The Panic of 1873

Should the Chief Historian be about to replace the Chief Risk Officer?[Read more]

How Ninjas Killed Risk Management

In affectionate remembrance of Risk Management which died at 1885 Lundy Avenue, San Jose.[Read more]

Weekly Wrap – 30th October 2014

What is more important? Insurance or assurance?[Read more]

Three Mile Island – A “Normal” Accident

“It is almost inevitable that some combinations of minor failures will eventually amount to something catastrophic.”[Read more]

The Capital Hill Baby Sitting Co-Op Depression

Whimsical parables are not a waste of time but the key to enlightenment[Read more]

The Allais Paradox

Twice as many people opted to go under the knife when the chance of survival was given as 80 percent than when the chance of death was given as 20 percent.[Read more]